Transition to School Program
Aims of our School Readiness Program
Pioneer Road Long Day Care Centre aims to;
- Provide educational practise and programs that are; relevant, comprehensive; engaging, stimulating and innovative. A program facilitated by evaluation and reflection and is derived from the positive and mutually respectful relationships between children, families and educators from the preschool and primary school fields.
- Provide experiences and environments which scaffold children’s sense of identity and confidence, in which children are active participants in their own learning.
- Support each child’s development of independence and autonomy, as well as perseverance and resilience through the support of our dedicated educators and also via our learning environments and experiences.
- Deliver a program by experienced, qualified and motivated educators who are supported via; opportunities for ongoing training and professional development, given time and resources to plan and prepare and supported by management.
- Encourage and utilise the input of our families, children and community. Recognising that families are a central and very valuable part of the transition to school process, who can give us information that ensures our programs remain relevant, respectful and comprehensive.