Pioneer Road Long Day Care is a privately owned centre, with positions for 38 children per day, and we provide care 50 weeks of the year for children from 2 to 5 years of age.
We are open from 7:45am - 5:45pm, Monday to Friday
Features of our Centre
Pioneer Road is a purpose built centre that boasts a myriad of features that make our centre a safe, exciting and stimulating place for your child to begin their educational journey. Some of those features include;
- Two indoor play spaces/rooms. Each one is large is size and open planned allowing space for children’s play and exploration and is conducive to spontaneous and planned learning experiences as well as children’s wellbeing, safety and supervision.
- A large outdoor play space boasting a soft fall area under a large shade cloth with interchangeable climbing equipment and sandpit, large grassed area, cubby houses and a large explorative garden space with pathways, tunnels and play spaces that inspire children to explore and discover.
- Each of our play spaces is well stocked with resources and materials that are well maintained, age appropriate and ensure your child’s day is engaging, stimulating and fun!
- An undercover verandah that provides a play, eating and learning space with shade from the sun and shelter from the rain!
- We also have a large off road car park providing safety, ease of access and convenience when dropping your child off at our centre.
- We have a number of qualified staff, including a university qualified Early Childhood Teacher who oversees our curriculum and programs as well as Diploma trained and certificate three trained staff. Our ratios of staff to children exceed the regulated ratios and allow us to make each day a meaningful experience for your child.
At Pioneer Road Long Day Care Centre we are passionate advocates for each child’s right to a preschool experience that; inspires, creates thirst for exploration and discovery and kindles passion for learning. Our philosophy is based upon our belief that children are capable, resourceful and unique individuals who develop a strong sense of identity when they are offered experiences and environments that provide security, inspiration and engagement. Our work is inspired by children’s endless capacity for learning, fun, exploration and play.
We endeavour to establish secure, respectful and reciprocal partnerships with the children, their families and the wider community. When this is achieved we believe that children’s confidence to explore, trust and learn is facilitated and that we can provide a learning journey that is meaningful to each child and family.
Our curriculum respects the multifaceted nature of development, we provide a learning program which caters to the whole child. One that; supports diverse styles of learning, includes equivalents of child-directed, educator-supported and educator-directed experiences and is based upon success. Paramount to our philosophy is our belief in supporting and developing a non-biased curriculum and environment, celebrating the benefits of diversity ‘representing multiple cultural ways of knowing, seeing and living’ (EYLF, 2009).
We believe that educators at our centre bring their own history, learning and teaching styles to education. At Pioneer Road we work as a team, respecting and acknowledging each educator’s strengths and ideas. We hope that when respect for each other and our histories is achieved we can provide a learning environment that truly caters for diversity and individuality, respecting each person as a powerful and important individual.
At the heart of our philosophy is, our confidence in the principles of Early Childhood Education as specified within the Belonging, Being and Becoming curriculum, our respect for each child as an individual and our belief in every child’s ability to succeed. As Dr Seuss stated,
“A person’s a person no matter how small”.
Source: Belonging, Being and Becoming (2009); Dr Seuss (1990) Oh the Places You’ll Go
NSW Curriculum Framework for children’s services, NSW Curriculum Framework for children’s service, Education and Care Service National regulation, National Quality standard